1. GoldVish ‘Le Million’ Piece Unique $1.3 million Guinness World Records certified GoldVish SA’s ‘Le Million’ Piece Unique on January 29th, 2008. The Geneva-based luxury communications company’s expensive mobile phone was designed by Emmanuel Gueit as an addition to the Illusion Collection. The phone is made of 18k white gold and set with 20 carats of VVS1 (only microscopically flawed) diamonds. The phone also features Bluetooth, 2 GB of storage, FM radio, a digital camera and MP3 playback.
2. The Diamond Crypto Smartphone $1.3 million
One candidate for world’s most expensive cell phone is the Diamond Crypto Smartphone, created by luxury accessory producer Peter Aloisson of Moscow-based JSC Ancort. Its price stems from the platinum body, the cover adorned with 50 diamonds including eight which are rare blue diamonds. Additionally, the Ancort logo and the navigation key are made of 18k rose gold.
Built on the Windows CE, this most expensive cell also features a high-resolution color TFT display and a 256 bit cryptographic algorithm. This expensive mobile phone is capable of SMS, MMS, E-mail, Internet, WAP, JAVA support and also has a media player.
3. Vertu Signature Cobra $310,000
This gaudy phone is so exclusive that only eight will ever be made. Designed by French jeweler Boucheron, the Signature Cobra is made with two diamonds, two emeralds and 439 rubies. For buyers who are only filthy rich, rather than obscenely rich, twenty-six of the less flashy (read: no rubies) Signature Python phones will be available for a mere $115,000. Both phones will feature the real draw.
4. Sony Ericsson Black Diamond $300,000
The price of this phones comes from actual state of the art technology instead of a bunch of shiny rocks but that doesn’t mean it lacks visual appeal. OLED technology underneath the polycarbonate skin that covers the phones entire face gives the 4 megapixel screen a borderless look. The mirror finish gives the phone a sleek, futuristic look.
5. Nokia 8800 Arte with pink diamonds $134,000
Designed by Peter Aloisson, this solid 18k white gold phone features over 680 pink and white brilliant cut diamonds totaling over 21.5 carats. Some of the phone’s features are a 3.15 MP camera with autofocus and video, a music player, Bluetooth and voice memo.