- Description - This is often the description that will appear in the search results of many search engines. Enter 2 to 3 sentences that describe your site or page. You should limit it to about 300 characters.
- Keywords - Keywords or keyword phrases that apply to the subject matter of your web page. You should list them in order of importance with the most important ones first. Separate each word or phrase with commas and keep the length of the entire list under 255 characters.
- Robots - This will tell a search engine how to index your site from a given web page. Index means that search engine should index this page, Noindex means that they should not. Follow means that they should follow any other links to your other pages, Nofollow means they should not go any deeper into your site. Generally you select index and follow to instruct the search engines to index that page and the rest of your site. More..................
- Revisit-After - This will tell a search engine how often to index your site. Select the time frame you would like your web page revisit after.
- Author - Enter the author of the webpage.
- Copyright - Enter your copyright information.
- Distribution - Select your distribution, local or global.
- Language - Select the language that your web page uses.
- Rating - Select the audience that the page was intended for i.e. kids, general, mature or restricted.
Meta Tags are used inside the HEAD section of your HTML pages to provide some information about your page to search engines. Not all search engines use Meta Tags, but many do. Listed below is a definition of each Meta Tag and what to enter into the Free Web Submission Meta Tags Generator to create your own Meta Tags.